2021 Season Schedule and Highlights
UpdatedSaturday January 30, 2021 byBYB.
The 2021 BYB Season Calendar is attached at the bottom of this article (Combined PDF and Individual Monthly picture files).
Highlights are Below. More details will be posted and emailed to League families. In addition, an updated Season FAQ document is forthcoming.
Season Start/End Dates
- 9 – 12 YO Players (AA/AAA/Majors) will have an 8-week season, starting the week of May 9th and end the week of June 27th. Division Tournaments will be played over the last two weeks – and will not have any games on the weekend. Teams will be scheduled for 2 nights of practices/games – rotating Sun – Thurs, with start times of either 5:30 pm or 7:30 pm.
- 6 – 8 YO Players (T-Ball and Rookie) will have an 8-week season, starting the week of June 6th and end the week of July 25th. There are no tournaments for these two divisions. Teams in the Rookie division will be scheduled for 2 nights of practices/games – rotating Sun – Thurs, with start times of either 5:30 pm or 7:30 pm. Teams in the T-Ball division will be scheduled for 1 combo practice/game session per week, held on Sunday evenings.
- 9 – 12 YO Players (registered for the regular League season) will have an opportunity to try out for the Travel division. This competitive division operates during the same time as the regular season and is in addition to regular season League commitments. Teams typically practice during the week and participate in scrimmages and/or invitational tournaments on the weekends throughout May/June/July. Post season tournaments are scheduled through late July (9 YOs and 11 YOs) and mid-August (10 YOs and 12 YOs). There are additional registration fees and expenses with this division.
- 9 – 12 YO Players (registered for the regular League season) will have an opportunity to sign up for a 4-week “Second Season” that will be played on Tue/Wed/Thurs evenings between July 6 – 29. This will take the place of what used to be referred to as “Fall Ball”. There will be a separate registration process and fee for this season.
Regular Season Registration Details
- Returning Players and Siblings pre-registration will take place from 12:00 pm CST on Sunday, January 31 through 11:59 pm CST on Saturday, February 20, 2021.
- Specific information regarding how to access the registration system will be posted/emailed/texted by Friday evening, Jan 29th.
- New Player Registration will open at 12:00 pm CST on Sunday, February 21, 2021.
- Registration fees are $100 for 6 YO players (T-Ball); and $125 for 7 – 12 YO players (Rookie, AA, AAA, Majors).
- Families will need to have an updated 2021 COVID-19 Waiver form on file with the League. Additional details regarding access to the form will be provided.
Age Determination Date/Birth Certificate Reminder
- The Age Determination Date for all divisions is April 30th of the current year. This is a Cal Ripken Charter requirement, and there are no exceptions. PLEASE DO NOT request that your player play up or down a division due to their skillset and/or connections to other players in divisions above or below.
- T-Ball = 6 YO players
- Rookie = 7 and 8 YO players
- AA = 9 and 10 YO players
- AAA/Majors = 11 and 12 YO players
- Birth Certificate Reminder: Returning players who show an internal message in their profile or family account indicating that registration is not complete due to a missing document/file upload (birth certificate) - DISREGARD/IGNORE THE NOTICE. Please do not email the League regarding any missing birth certificate messages from the registration system. You will get contacted directly by the League coordinator if there are any issues with your birth certificates on file.
Pre-Season Skills Evaluations and Tryouts
- 11 and 12 YO Skills Evaluations: As in prior years, ALL 11 and 12 YO registered players must participate in a Skills Evaluation to determine division (AAA or Majors) and team placement. Due to COVID-19, we will be spreading out the sessions over four nights, instead of two. Players only attend one session. The League will send a pre-assigned date/time for each player – and, due to capacity limitations, WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE players to attend at their assigned time. If player’s do not attend one session, and obtain an evaluation, they will automatically be placed in the AAA division. Please see the division overviews on the League web site for more details.
- Travel Tryouts: All age groups will have a mandatory tryout session on Sunday, March 21st – times are noted on the calendar. Each age group has a designated time – and all interested players must attend for the entirety of the assigned time block. The second tryouts will take place on either April 6 (11 and 12 YO) and April 8 (9 YO and 10 YO). Additional details about the tryout process will be communicated prior to the sessions.