UpdatedWednesday February 5, 2020 byBYB.
Bismarck Youth Baseball has five league divisions, as well as a Travel Ball program and a Second-Season program. Details regarding the divisions are available on each of the Division pages.
Division Placement is based on player age as of April 30th in the year the season takes place:
- T-Ball - designated for 6 year-old players.
- Rookie - designated for 7 and 8 year-old players.
- AA - designated for 9 and 10 year-old players.
- AAA - designated for 11 and 12 year-old players; team placement is based on skills evaluation scores.
- Majors - designated for 11 and 12 year-old players whose skills evaluation scores are in the top 96 of all players aged 11 and 12.
- T-Ball teams will play one game a week, and all T-Ball games will take place on Sunday evenings, on the four west fields.
- Rookie, AA, AAA, and Majors teams generally have two games per week and are played Sunday - Thursday at 5:30 pm and 7:30 pm. Nights and times for each team will vary throughout the season - rotating nights (i.e. Sun/Tues, Mon/Wed, Tue/Thurs), and early/late games. Team schedules will be determined by the number of registered players in each division, and will posted after teams have been determined.
- Travel Baseball is a supplemental program designated for 9 - 12 year-old players who would like additional baseball mentoring on fundamentals and to experience competitive tournament baseball. Participation is in addition to, but not separate from, League play. For those families who are interested in learning more about the traveling division, an informational meeting for parents will be held in the spring, prior to tryouts. Information about that meeting will be posted pn the web site, and emailed out to all age-eligible registrants in mid-to-late February.