2019 Registration Overview
Updated Saturday December 1, 2018 by BYB.
~ BYB 2019 Youth Baseball Regular Season Registration ~
Please read all of the information provided below thoroughly
before registering your son/daughter.
RETURNING PLAYER AND SIBLING PRE-REGISTRATION: Online Registration for the 2019 season will open for Returning Players and Siblings on Saturday, December 1st at 4 pm CST – and close at 8 pm CST on Friday, February 1st. NOTE - Returning players (from 2018 BYB rostered teams) and siblings are only guaranteed a spot for the 2019 season if their registration is processed/postmarked between December 1, 2018 and February 1, 2019. After that registration window closes, ALL REGISTRATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED NEW, AND WILL BE PROCESSED ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVE BASIS – NO EXCEPTIONS.
If you are a returning player/sibling family, and you have not received your email with registration details – please send an email to the League, and we will send you the instructions.
GENERAL (NEW PLAYER) REGISTRATION: Online Registration for the 2019 season will open for New Players on Friday, February 8th at 4 pm CST. Registrations are processed (and players placed) by date/time stamp of online registration, or date of postmark (for paper copies). As divisions get close to being full, division capacity updates will be posted at the top of the home page of this web site (near the registration link).
- AGE/RESIDENCE REQUIREMENTS: Only residents of Bismarck and outlying areas (North, South, and East of the river) ages 6 through 12 as of April 30th, 2019 can be registered. The player must be at least 6 and cannot be older than 12 - NO EXCEPTIONS. Players residing in Mandan may only participate in BYB if they originally started Cal Ripken play in Bismarck and have not lapsed a season of play in the BYB program.
- There are two alternative options for children who are too young for BYB. The YMCA may be offering an evening t-ball league for players ages 3, 4,and 5; as well as player who turn 6 after April 30th. Bismarck Parks & Recreation also offers a day-time t-ball league.
- For players that are too old for BYB, Bismarck Parks & Recreation has a Babe Ruth baseball program.
- Both organizations will post information on their programs later in the spring - please contact them directly for current details.
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES: First time players will need to submit a birth certificate. This can be done online - within the registration system. If you do not have a scanned copy of your child's birth certificate to upload, you can email it to the league later, with a copy of your confirmation email; or you can mail it to the league office along with a copy of the first page of your registration confirmation (just the first part that has player name/division/etc.). Mail to: BYB - PO Box 176 - Bismarck, ND 58502
- FEES: The cost of registration for the 2019 season is $90 for T-Ball, and $115 for all other divisions. Families registering more than two players in the League will pay $75 (T-Ball) or $100 (all other divisions) for third players and beyond.
- HARDSHIP SCHOLARISHIPS: Hardship scholarships are available. For hardships, complete an online registration, but do not finalize your payment (stop once it is in your shopping cart). Then send an email to the League email address, along with a brief explanation of the circumstances and reason for the request. All scholarship applications will be reviewed by the Board’s executive committee and will be kept confidential. We will contact you directly with the committee's decision if a scholarship request is not accepted.
- TEAM PLACEMENTS: Returning Players and Siblings of Returning Players that register by the Feb 1st deadline are placed on teams before New Players.Returning Players/Siblings that do not register by February 1, 2019 will be considered NEW PLAYERS and will be placed on teams after all Returning Players have been assigned teams - NO EXCEPTIONS. Registration for New Players does not guarantee placement on a team. New Players are placed on teams (after Returning Players/Siblings) in order of registration receipt/post mark, until all teams have been filled. New Players that are not placed on a team due to lack of available spots as determined by BYB will receive a full refund.
- For T-Ball, Rookie & AA Divisions, team placements are generally made based on the school that players attend during this current school year Parents: Please be sure to confirm that your player's school designation is correct in your account..
- AAA and Majors team placements are made based on skills evaluation scores.
- REFUNDS: Refunds will be given out in accordance with BYB policy. The deadline dates for all refund requests are published on the BYB league web site calendar. Refund requests should be emailed to the League "Info" email by the dates posted.
- SKILLS EVALS: In addition to registration, skills evaluations are also required for all 11 and 12 year old players. Skills evaluation dates and times are published on the BYB league web site calendar.
- GAME DAYS/TIMES: T-Ball Games will be played on Sunday evenings. There will be one or two rounds of games, depending on the final number of teams. Games for all other divisions will typically be played Monday - Thursday at either 5:30 or 7:30 pm. Detailed schedules will be posted once teams have been determined. See the BYB league web site calendar for season opening and ending dates.
- PARENT VOLUNTEERS: Each player family is required to sign-up for at least one type of volunteer role within the program. The different roles available are: Board members, coaches, coordinators, umpires, ground maintenance crews, tournament committee, equipment distribution/return, and uniforms/pictures weekend. Parents will be asked to select areas of interest during player registration. The League will then make direct contact and provide detailed information for all volunteer assignments throughout the year, as applicable..
- Bismarck Youth Baseball is an independent league and is not administered by the Bismarck Parks and Recreation Department.